Wednesday 23 October 2013

Jose Mourinho Accepts FA Charges, Expects to Be Fined




Chelsea boss, Jose Mourinho, has said he will “accept the fine” after being charged with improper conduct by the Football Association.
Mourinho was ordered from the technical area by referee Anthony Taylor in last Saturday’s 4-1 win over Cardiff City after protesting about apparent time-wasting and sat with ‘Blues’s’ supporters in the stand.
Chelsea are due to play Manchester City on Sunday at Stamford Bridge with Mourinho set to lead his side for his ninth league game since his return.
After Tuesday’s 3-0 win against Schalke in the Champions League, he indicated that he would accept his punishment, which is expected to be a fine.
“What the referee wrote is true,” said Mourinho. “I wasn’t aggressive, I wasn’t offensive, I just had a disagreement.
“I accept the fine and against Manchester City I can work.”
The Portuguese still has until 18:00 BST on 24 October to respond to the charge.
“(Referee Taylor) is honest and fair (in the report),” he added.
“What he writes is exactly what happened and exactly why I didn’t understand why I went to the stands.
“And is exactly why the punishment is just a fine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...